Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Death Game



I was alerted to this game a couple of days ago via a Twitter friend.  While My Gift of Grace is not available for purchase right now, you can help get this game funded through their Kickstarter campaign.  They are almost at their goal of $38,000.  If you donate a mere $5, you will get a downloadable pdf of the game, and with a $30 donation you'll get the actual game.

Talking about death is so important, but it is something that most people are afraid to do.  I think a game might help.  So, watch the video above and tell me what you think in the comment section.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Pamela. I hope readers learn more about this project and pre-order the game (back the project). After you do please share why it is important to you here: http://mygiftofgrace.com/blog/2013/7/16/why-is-my-gift-of-grace-important-to-you#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea to help people learn more about death and grieving. Death is very confusing for those still living, since we have yet to experience it ourselves. However, it is a mystery we will all solve one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila! Yep, you are correct. I think it's important that we start puzzling out that mystery while we still can.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. What a cool idea! I'm so glad you shared this - I can't see it beating out "Apples to Apples" on the party game circuit, but having an actual, tangible tool to use in starting a conversation about this stuff will be so invaluable. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and so creative! As a mortician's daughter I can see a real need for people to talk about a scary subject (for most of us) in a productive, non-threatening way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe funeral homes could carry this game. You know, you go to a wedding, you get a party favor. Now, if you go to a funeral, you leave with a game that could enrich your life!

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!