Thursday, June 13, 2013

Seeking a Friend For the End of the World


It's been awhile since I've posted any movies on here.  Either I'm viewing less movies with death in them or I've just been a lazy blogger.  I'm gonna go with the former.  Now that it's summer and my kids are out of school, I am renting a ton of movies from the library.  Because it's hotter than blazes outside, my days are filled with my three favorite activities: reading, writing and movie watching.  And to top it all off, I don't have to wake at the crack of dawn, fix lunches or worry about signing conduct cards or checking about homework assignments and tests.  It's wonderful.

Okay, now to the movie, Seeking a Friend For the End of the World.  I really wanted to see this in the theater, but when I went, the time they had listed on their website was incorrect and I'd missed it.  I love Steve Carell and I liked the concept of this flick.  What would you do if you knew the world was coming to an end in three weeks?

No, really.  What would you do if you knew an asteroid was going to blow up the earth?  Reunite with an old sweetheart?  Jump out of a plane?  Drink yourself silly?

Tell me...

10 comments:

  1. Okay, first I would quit worrying about how many weeds I have in my lawn :-) I think we would pack up the car and take an epic road trip...if we didn't have to worry about bands of roving thugs and/or zombies.

    Glad to know you're keeping cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epic road trips are good. I'm hoping to have a not very epic road trip sometime this summer.

      Delete
  2. I'd just keep on doing what I'm doing because I wouldn't believe the end of the world predictions!

    I'm already unashamedly honest with people and refuse to do things that I don't want to do. Hmm, now that I say it out loud, it makes me sound like kind of a jerk. I'm not, really...I just believe we should live life and not just exist. Great, now I'm starting to sound like some damn hippie. What was the question again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been quite a few end of the world predictions lately, and well, here we still are. This movie, though, never made me feel as if it were a hoax. What really got me was when a newscaster addressed his viewers, saying that he was going home to spend time with his family and that this would be the last broadcast. I don't know why that struck me. Maybe I'm nostalgic for the way I used to feel about newscasters. In today's society, we don't trust them like we did with say Walter Cronkite or someone like that.

      Delete
  3. I would spend it with you hunnybunny. oh wait, I would do that regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. You too are my friend for the end of the world:)

      Delete
  4. I'd be with all my family, probably on a beach somewhere and for sure there would be drinking involved. Convenient when the make believe end of the world time comes I have a brother who lives in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii would be a very wonderful place to spend the last three weeks. It's beautiful, it's mellow and they make good cocktails:)

      Delete
  5. I'd be with my family on a NorCal beach, watching the sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!