Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Movie: American Beauty


American Beauty came out in 1999.  I remember seeing it at the theater in San Francisco and being blown away by the story and the acting.  I was 29 at the time, but I think I appreciate the film more now.  It's kind of sad, but I can now relate to the parents and that feeling of lost relevance.

Yes, it's a dark film, but "You are so busted," is probably one of the best delivered comedic lines in all of movie history.  

Oh, and within the first few minutes of the film, you know that the main character is dead.  

Have you seen it?  Please tell me you have.  What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. Oo I just watched this and really liked it, partly because it had that dark side. I loved the characters as well, maybe Wes Bentley's the most for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger, I liked him because he was kind of odd and he liked the plain "Jane" girl instead of the snarky sex pot.
      Now, I have to say I like Kevin Spacey's role the best.
      Thanks for the follow and the comment!

      Delete
  2. This is the man responsible for Six Feet Under. One of the best programs in history, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I got cable just so I could watch that show.

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!