Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bernie

I know I said I was taking a little break, but I just watched this film tonight and I really enjoyed it.  I've only lived in Texas for two years and I knew nothing about the case, but I liked the quirkiness of this story.Jack Black is totally awesome in this role.  Gone is the usual craziness that we usually expect from him.  He nailed the part of a God loving funeral director that everybody loves. Unfortunately, he's also guilty of murder.  It's a true story, but it is Hollywood's version of it, so who knows how true it is.  Skip Hollandsworth, a journalist in Texas wrote about Bernie and also helped write the screenplay.  You can read the story here.

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm one step ahead of you, Pamela! I don't remember why or when I put it in my Netflix queue but it arrived here on Saturday! I would like to pull it together to watch it after work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it. Not sad at all.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of this movies but I'll certainly put it on my list of movies to see. btw. I love Jack Black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too and this film is a real departure from the usual manic, crazy characters he plays.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for this movie to make it to this side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long does it take for that to happen? Can you get netflix?

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this movie, but it sounds like something I'd want to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read an article about the true story, which is so highly bizarre. Now I'll have to see the movie. Is it on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I cancelled my Netflix membership. I have too many distractions:)

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!