Monday, August 20, 2012

Tuesday Movie: Million Dollar Baby

This is the second time I've selected a Clint Eastwood film for my Tuesday movie.  I guess I like Clint's movies.  There are several reasons to love this film. For one, it's got Morgan Freeman who I would pay to read the phone book.  He just oozes integrity in every role he's in. Hillary Swank is phenomenal as Maggie the boxer and who doesn't love a good boxing movie?  Rocky, Cinderella Man, The Fighter, etc...

I don't want to give the plot away if you haven't seen it, but I totally recommend it.  My husband gave me a signed script from this film, which is kinda cool. I used to write screenplays and he knew this movie was one of my faves.
Well, you already know that if a movie appears on this blog, there's at least one death in the film.  So, there's your spoiler.  Have Kleenex next to your popcorn and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen it - probably b/c you need kleenix. hey! I don't need movies to use kleenex -- it's all around me - sadness and despair -- my task is to avoid it at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember when I saw this movie, but I missed part of the beginning which confused me a little. It is very sad, though. As for Morgan Freeman, I used to love his work. His voice is unforgettable, but now that he's got that love affair thing with his step-granddaughter or whoever that is, I just can't look at him the same. Clint Eastwood had/has pet rats. He's also a vegetarian. I give him a thumbs up for that. You wouldn't know how compassionate he is based on his movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on which movies we're talking about.

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!