Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuesday Movie: Dear Zachary


I was originally going to suggest another movie, but on Friday night, one of my friends suggested that I watch
Dear Zachary, which is a documentary that will blow your mind.  Seriously.  I don't want to give anything away other than that this film is about a man, Andrew Bagby, who was murdered by his ex-girlfriend.  The murderer is pregnant with Andrew's child.  The man's best friend, a documentary filmmaker, decides to make a film about Andrew for the son who will never know his father.

Yes, it's about a murder.  But, more importantly, it's about how we affect the people around us, leaving the viewer with the question--how will I be remembered?  It's like It's a Wonderful Life without the happy ending.

Trust me.  This is a very important film if you are a human and I'm assuming you are:)  DO NOT GOOGLE this movie and read about it before you watch it.  And watch it with someone you love.  And don't forget the Kleenex.
It's available on Netflix.

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this before. By the end I was crying my eyes out. I felt so many different emotions while watching this film. I agree that it's an important one to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, it's an emotional roller coaster.
      Thanks for stopping in and commenting. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. I like these movie recs, Pam. I noticed this one and Into the Abyss are both "play now" on Netflix. I'm going to start watching one of them tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that on Netflix and I've been interested in seeing it. I'll have to definitely see it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really powerful and thought provoking. I'm still thinking about it.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Sounds good. I'll have to cue it up on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! And come back and tell me what you thought after you watched it.

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!