Monday, May 28, 2012

Movie Tuesday: How to Die in Oregon

I've written about this movie before, but that was prior to people actually reading my blog.  Like last week's post, this is a documentary, probably the most powerful, beautiful documentary I've ever seen and I've seen a few.  It's about the Death with Dignity law in Oregon.  So, watch the trailer.  And if you can, watch the film.  It's out on dvd now.  I'd love to hear what you thought about it.  Yes, it's controversial, but I guarantee this film will get you talking about death.  And that's an important talk to have.


Okay, brave readers, who has seen this film?  Anyone live in Oregon?  Talk to me.

13 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie but I watched the trailer. I don't need to see movie. I am all about assisted suicide. People should have the right to call their own shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should still see the movie. It's really good.

      Delete
  2. I'll check and see if it's on Netflix. Looks intriguing... ~ Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's on Netflix. I watched it on HBO.

      Delete
    2. It's on Itunes
      http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/how-to-die-in-oregon/id517825448

      Delete
  3. I live in Oregon but I haven't seen this film. I do support the right to die (or assisted suicide, whatever you want to call it). To me, it seems like the ultimate expression of personal freedom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you aware of this law? I'm totally fascinated by it, as I don't think Texas would ever pass something like that.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I was aware of it. I'd be curious to hear some statistics about how often assisted suicide is used though. If people are using it, I don't hear about it.

      Delete
    3. You can find the statistical info on this page. They are required by law to show how often it is used.
      http://www.deathwithdignity.org/in-oregon

      Delete
  4. Hello! Although I open your page with a peek and a slight hesitation, I love your blog and have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award 2012. Your blog is great at helping me confront my own fears about death. Check out my post: http://wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/2012/05/kreativ-blogger-award-2012.html
    Thanks! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have gotten three blogging awards in the past week, so I feel like I'm the queen of the hop!

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!