In order to accept this award, I've got to do a few things...
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you. (Been there, done that. Next!)
2. Answer the ten questions. (I'm gettin' there.)
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself (Yeah, yeah, yeah.)
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award (Share the love like a chain letter!)
Okay, here we go...
1. What's your favorite song?
Um, like at this very moment? That's a ridiculous question and I'm going to give you an equally ridiculous response.
2. What's your favorite desert? (Hey, that's how it was spelled and I'm a stickler for details.)
The Sahara. But, if what they really want to know what to serve at my party, that would be molten chocolate cake, which I make really well.
3. What do you do when you're upset?
I like to work out when I'm mad, so I make it a point to really piss myself off every morning by standing under florescent lighting in my birthday suit.
4. Which is your favorite pet?
5. Which do you prefer, black or white?
Well, I pretty much always dress in black, so I'm going to go with black.
6.What is your biggest fear?
Spiders. When I lived in SW Colorado, we had these gigantic furry spiders called "Wolf Spiders" that lived around our house. I told my husband that if one of those things ever set foot in our house, we were moving back to California. I'd post a picture, but I can't even look at them without getting freaked out. But if you are into that kind of thing, check out Kim Hosey's photos. She loves spiders.
7. What is your attitude mostly?
This is another ridiculous question, but here I go. I'm pretty mellow most of the time, especially while listening to The Carpenters. But I have been known to be a tad neurotic and prone to social anxiety.
Ten Random Facts About the Death Writer
1. I actually do like the Carpenters and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
2. I like to write letters. Remember those things that used to arrive in the mailbox and were handwritten and there was a stamp on the outside? I write to inmates. They are wonderful letter writers.
3. My husband and I are both the youngest of five children.
4. I wanted to be a criminal psychologist until I did my internship at the Hall of Justice orchestrating family visits and phone calls for the felons. Most of them wanted to date me.
5. My middle name is Jo.
6. My father is a professional poker player.
7. My favorite place in the world is the library.
8. I love going to see movies but I like to be the first person there so I usually arrive about an hour early so I can claim my seat in the front row with a railing in front of me to rest my legs.
9. I'm six feet tall.
10. At about 16, I developed a white streak in the front of my hair. Now it's pretty much all white, but I dye it because one time when I let the streak out, my son's friend said, "Your mom looks like Cruella DeVille." Nice.
Okay, so here's the peeps I'm gonna nominate for the Kreativ Blogger Award. If you choose to accept this HPV laden statuette, follow the rules and wash your hands afterwards. I am not sending my awards out to these people because I don't want them to feel obligation. But if they happen to find this and it's a happy surprise, they can run with it. I'll bring the hand sanitizer!