Thursday, March 29, 2012

The A to Z Challenge

Starting Sunday, April 1, I will be participating in the A to Z Challenge.  So what does this mean?  It means that each day I have to write a blog post that has to do with a letter of the alphabet.  As it should, the challenge starts with "A" and continues on with the alphabet. Easy peasy!

Since I mostly blog about death related topics, hence the name "death writer," I plan on sticking with that theme. I realize I don't have a gazillion readers, but still, it would be kind of weird for me to write about aardvarks, bunnies and carrots when someone really wants to know if they can carry on Grandma's cremains on their flight back home to Kansas.  Don't worry, the month of April will be informative and fun.

A few days ago, I brainstormed on facebook with some writer friends for possible topics.  They were a big help, but I want to hear from you.  Is there something you're dying to know about?
Come on, don't be shy.  Tell me.

So, what's my goal for this challenge?

World domination.


I'm kidding, but not entirely.  I want readers.  It's no fun to just write and never get any feedback.  You follow me, I'll follow you.  Just don't ask me to drink any Kool Aid.

19 comments:

  1. Death is a good theme to talk about, and I'm sure we wouldn't expect anything less coming from the Death Writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I noticed Amy Winehouse in your labels. I bet some readers would want to hear about celebrity death and your take on it. I know I'd like to hear your witty commentary. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why Amy Winehouse keeps popping up on my labels. Maybe she wants me to write about her again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could write about bunnies if you select the one from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!
    Good theme.
    And guess what? After the Challenge, you will have a lot more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through the A-Z blogging link, and I am a new follower. If you'd like to follow back, I can be found at www.writersdolaundrytoo.com.

    Eventhough I don't label myself "a death writer", it happens to be an issue in my latest two manuscripts. I'm looking forward to your A-Z posts next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda!
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am following your blog now and in the weeks to come, I'll spend more time perusing and commenting.
    I too do laundry:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you by searching #AtoZChallenge on Twitter and checking out the blogs of everyone whose bio made me laugh. (Actually, I think it was the line "blog until my fingers bleed" that got me.) So clearly your ploy to use the Challenge to gain readers is working! Looking forward to reading thoughtful, funny, informative stuff about the elephant in the room of um, life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your site seems pretty intriguing. I'm sure you'll get some takers. Even if they are undertakers.


    Lee
    Sad Songs Blogfest (I’m a day early I know)
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Jericha, death is the elephant in the room. In my opinion it is the last taboo in American culture. We treat death like it's an unnatural thing. I hate to break it to everyone, but we're all going to die. Yep, even me.
    So, find some JOY while you're here:)

    And Arlee, undertakers are welcome. Out of all the people I interviewed for this book, that was the toughest interview to get. I think Jessica Mitford's book "The American Way of Death" had something to do with their reluctance to speak with a writer.
    Anyway, I appreciate you all stopping by to say hi. I feel such gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m just dropping by to say hello! I look forward to seeing the alphabet all over your blog in April!


    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A to Z Co-host
    http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds wonderful. I could certainly do with some death info for my writing. Count me in as a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm interested to read death-related posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica and Theresa:
    Thanks for popping in to say hey. I will be blog hopping tomorrow and plan on visiting everyone's blogs. This is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a thought-provoking theme! Can't wait to see how you get through the alphabet while staying on-topic. I'll be reading, for sure!

    Andi-Roo
    http://www.theworld4realz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you participating Andi? I went to your page and I couldn't find a follow button. Sorry, I'm technically challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a theme!! I'm in too, stopping by from today's A-Z challenge post. It's almost time! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!