Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Living Wills


Well, the poll results were less than stellar on the living wills. Only five people voted. One of those people has a living will. Good on you. The other four, time to think about that. Including me. Note to self.

Next poll is, drum roll please, Are you an organ donor? Please vote. It makes me feel happy inside. You do want that don't you? September is a hard enough month, let's make it a little bit brighter.

I'm going to do a bit of research about what happens when you donate your organs, what you need to do, etc. But don't hold your breath about this post. I don't want anyone to pass out on me while I troll the internet for interesting tidbits.

Take care. And remember to floss.

7 comments:

  1. Floss in case you have to donate teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floss to keep your heart healthy. Flossing is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methinks your next poll should be about flossing. Heart healthy--might stave off one's untimely demise...ya know. It's death-related.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud to say that my drivers license designates me as an organ donor and I'm even prouder that I have not yet had too: )
    Seriously, this is so important for the public to do. When we die, we no longer need our old bodies as our Lord has promised us new ones. BECOME AN ORGAN DONOR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been undecided about organ donation. I know that it's good in so many ways, but at the same time part of Jewish tradition says you should be buried with all your parts...I won't go into it. My parents have tried to reason with me about how orthodox that is and how so many of our own family haven't saved removed organs for when we die (can you imagine having a hysterectomy and then having to preserve the uterus for when you die?) So I know I should donate because somebody else might save my life one day, but at the same time, I'd like to be buried whole because I'm a selfish bitch like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck, I didn't know I had so many comments on this post. I'm not getting notifications when people post. Darn technology. Thanks Shiela and Jill!

    Yes, Claire, flossing is directly tied into heart health.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!