Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Alex, I'd like to Buy a Kidney Please

Well, for those who voted in the poll, we have 5 donors out there and 3 non-donors.  I'm an organ donor and I have the heart on my driver's license to prove it.  I don't care what they take. I just hope that maybe some of it can be of use to somebody.

If you click on the title, there's an excellent information site on organ donation.  If you decide to donate your organs, be sure and check with your state.  They all have different forms you have to fill out.  And be sure to let your family know your intention.  Or, you could just tattoo your body.


If you are thinking of donating your body to science, which is a whole other ball game, I totally recommend the book Stiff by Mary Roach.  Funny as hell and very informative.  Although, it might make you rethink your choice.  But, maybe not.  Hey, doctor's have to practice cosmetic surgery on somebody.

6 comments:

  1. I like that your vote this week is nice and easy. I have too much other stuff to worry about right now to have to think hard about how to vote on anything serious (I know, I know, lots of people will think the chile vote is serious but, please.) Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for keeping it mellow this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donating a body to science caught my attention! It might be the only way I would get a face lift or boob job!!: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, the chile poll is only serious in New Mexico. Here, not so much. Glad you're enjoying the levity.

    Shiela, you need to read Mary Roach's book. It is so funny. You'll need it after Silence Kills.

    Thanks to both of you for posting. It made my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took the chile poll seriously. Those condiments--yes, I consider chiles as such--can make or break a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, which one is it, Claire? Inquiring minds want to know. I prefer green if it is done right.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated!